Plans for Dartford GlaxoSmithKline site move ahead
By Michael Donnelly Thursday, 08 September 2011
Dartford Borough Council has approved outline plans for up to 1,050 new homes on the former GlaxoSmithKline site north of Dartford town centre.
The application, by developers Delancey and Essential Land, includes proposals for between 950 and 1,050 new homes with between 2,500 and 5,000 square metres of commercial space and a community park.
The "Dartford Gateway" scheme covers the Northern Gateway East and Mill Pond sites which form part of the strategic Northern Gateway included within the council’s emerging core strategy.
Following approval of the outline application, detailed designs will still need to be approved at the reserved matters stage. The developers say the first phase of development could be complete by 2014.
Latest Stories from Regeneration and Renewal
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Associate Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, South East Region
- Senior Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, Bedford and Sheffield
- Development Control Planner Tyler Parkes Salary by negotiation, Birmingham/ Solihull
- Senior Strategic Planner Tyler Parkes Competitive salary commensurate with experience , Birmingham/ Solihull
- Planner/Senior Planner, Retail Assessment, London based Turley Associates Competitive package, London
- Economic Planning Consultant Turley Associates Competitive package, Manchester
- Town Planner & Senior Town Planner - Private Sector Penguin Recruitment £23000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Strategic Planning Manager Macdonald & Co £35,000 to £50,000 plus benefits per annum, London
- Development Control Officer Macdonald & Co £23.00 per hr Ltd Co, London
- Senior Planning Officer Three Rivers District Council Salary from £28,129 - £31,117 including Local weighting allowance, Hertfordshire