Farrell picked to draw up Earls Court masterplan
By Colin Marrs Wednesday, 02 June 2010
Architect Sir Terry Farrell has been appointed to create a masterplan to regenerate the Earls Court Exhibition Centre in west London and its surroundings.
Farrell’s practice Terry Farrell & Partners has been appointed by developer Capital & Counties Properties along with mayoral agency Transport for London and the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The council wants to build a new convention centre and up to 2,000 new homes on the 27ha site.
Farrell said: "I will draw upon my knowledge gained from 40 years of delivering major mixed-use masterplans in London."
A community consultation is planned to be held in the autumn, with a planning application expected to be submitted this time next year.
Ian Hawksworth, chief executive at Capital & Counties Properties, said: "This regeneration project represents an opportunity for TfL to investigate the creation of a new residential and business district, given its excellent existing public transport links."
The redevelopment will not begin before the London 2012 Olympics when Earls Court Exhibition Centre will host the volleyball tournament.
Latest Stories from Regeneration and Renewal
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Planner Lambert & Foster Dependent on experience, Paddock Wood
- Planning Manager (Maternity Cover) David Wilson Homes £Competitive plus bens incl Car/Car Allowance, Northampton
- Senior Planning Officer Three Rivers District Council Salary from £28,129 - £31,117 including Local weighting allowance, Hertfordshire
- Senior Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, Bedford and Sheffield
- Associate Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, South East Region
- Principal Planner Chesterfield Borough Council £31,160 - £33,998 per annum, Chesterfield
- Town Planner - London Cobalt Recruitment £27000 - £32000 per annum + car, London
- Project Manager - Business Infrastructure x 2 Scottish Enterprise External circa £24,000, Any SE office in Scotland
- Planning Assistant Thurrock Council Band 5 - £19,986 - £25,305 per annum, Thurrock
- Planning Officers X 2 Thurrock Council Band 6 - £23,160 - £30,228 per annum, Thurrock