Plans for the mixed-use regeneration of a site on Edgware Road in north west London have been approved despite concerns that the scheme could have an impact on nearby shops.
Professional services firm Capita has been announced by the London Borough of Barnet as its preferred bidder to jointly run its planning and regeneration services.
- London's Shell Centre redevelopment approved
- HCA invests £32m to kickstart 5,500-home Devon scheme
- Lower Thames crossing plans published for consultation
- Report recommends spending freedom for London boroughs
- 'Little' evidence HS2 will rebalance economy, says watchdog
- Crossrail Two consultation begins
- Plans for university campus next to Olympic Park collapse
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
The Homes and Communities Agency director is examining which planning gain deals are inhibiting housebuilding.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millar that it has turned the corner.
- RTPI Conferences
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Venue: TBC
cliffhague, 20 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Planning & Development Surveyor Matchtech £25 - £35/h, Inner London
- Senior Planning Policy Officer London Legacy Development Corporation £37,494 , Stratford East London
- Planning Consultant Macdonald & Co £25,000 per annum plus benefits, Bedfordshire
- Development Control Officer Macdonald & Co London, London
- Senior Policy Planner Macdonald & Co £23.00 to £30.00 per hr Ltd Co, Oxfordshire
- Planning Manager Strategic Land Countryside Properties £competitive + car + benefits, Brentwood
- Principal Planning Policy Officer Morgan Hunt £32 - £36 per annum, East London
- Senior Town Planner Stride Treglown Limited Please write to us with your salary expectations.We offer a comprehensive benefits package., Clifton, Bristol
- Planning Manager (Fixed term 6-9 months maternity cover) Sport England £33,256 p.a. plus generous benefits, Bisham Abbey, Buckinghamshire
- Contract Opportunity to lead a small/med sized planning team (maternity cover arrangment - London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £On experience but circa £65k, London