Councils would sell off their most expensive social homes so that they can house 'many more families for the same money' under a scheme to regenerate run down housing estates announced today by the chancellor.
Plans have been approved for the phased redevelopment of a 21-hectare housing estate in west London.
- Council refuses conversion of north London offices into flats
- Ministers row back on plan to raid homes bonus
- National Infrastructure Plan in 60 seconds
- Government publishes revised National Infrastructure Plan
- Road and rail networks draft national policy statement published
- Olympic fringe plans given green light
- Campaigners fail in Stansted expansion legal challenge
The City of London Corporation planner wields huge influence, but fears that the status of the profession as a whole is waning, says Ben Kochan .
Compulsory neighbourhood plans and the abolition of the community infrastructure levy are on the cards if Labour comes to power, its shadow communities minister tells John Geoghegan .
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
davidmarlow, 28 November 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Associate Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, South East Region
- Senior Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, Bedford and Sheffield
- Development Control Planner Tyler Parkes Salary by negotiation, Birmingham/ Solihull
- Senior Strategic Planner Tyler Parkes Competitive salary commensurate with experience , Birmingham/ Solihull
- Planner/Senior Planner, Retail Assessment, London based Turley Associates Competitive package, London
- Economic Planning Consultant Turley Associates Competitive package, Manchester
- PLANNING OFFICER - DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY Rugby Borough Council £22,443 - £26,539, Rugby
- Principal Planner Chesterfield Borough Council £31,160 - £33,998 per annum, Chesterfield
- Senior Planning Officer - Worcestershire Oyster Partnership £25 - £27 an hour LTD, Worcestershire
- Town Planner & Senior Town Planner - Private Sector Penguin Recruitment £23000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, City of London