Regional Growth Fund
The £1.4bn Regional Growth Fund is aimed at rebalancing public sector-reliant economies
Regional Growth Fund latest
The business minister has indicated that the government is still minded to allocate Whitehall housing, transport and skills money to public-private Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), despite recent rumours that it was cooling on the idea.
A £100 million pot of money for economic growth projects that are in need of immediate investment has been announced by the government.
The number of winning bids from the first two rounds of the Regional Growth Fund that have subsequently been withdrawn has risen again, business minister Michael Fallon has announced.
Businesses behind "shovel-ready" projects can bid for a share of £350million in grants after the deputy prime minister Nick Clegg launched the fourth round of the government's Regional Growth Fund (RGF).
An at a glance look at the key news contained in chancellor George Osborne's Autumn Statement.
Chancellor George Osborne has unveiled plans to reallocate £5 billion of Whitehall funding to infrastructure projects and ask business-led local enterprise partnerships (LEPS) to produce new strategic plans for local growth.
Private sector-led local enterprise partnerships will be able to bid to a new pot created from former central government budgets to fund growth-related schemes, the chancellor said today.
Business leaders involved in the government's public-private vehicles for driving economic growth will walk away unless the bodies make more progress, according to a new survey.
The widespread rejection of elected city mayors in referendums earlier this year should not hinder a resurrection of the concept, Lord Heseltine has told Regeneration & Renewal .
Reaction has been coming in to today's report on UK competitiveness by the former Conservative Party deputy prime minister Lord Heseltine.
David Marlow sets out the questions that remain for the government flagship economic development vehicle.
Demand for the three-year Regional Growth Fund is far outstripping supply, finds Sarah Townsend
We examine the first set of bids for cash from the coalition's £1.4bn Regional Growth Fund.
Ministers leave themselves open to accusations of having pre-determined where money from the pot is going to go
Local enterprise partnerships are the only supra-local game in town, says Tony Fyson
The former deputy prime minister on why London should not get its hopes up for the Regional Growth Fund and the need for a public-private sector body to lead the Thames Gateway regeneration scheme.
The business and enterprise minister explains why he thinks regional development agencies must be abolished
- CBI calls for economic development policy tweaks
- Regional Growth Fund 'too bureaucratic and centralised'
- Winners of £1bn Regional Growth Fund cash announced
- Community finance body gets £30 million RGF cash
- £25 million announced for Solent LEP
- High-speed rail backed in summer school debate
- More firms pull out of Regional Growth Fund
- MPs slam lack of progress on Regional Growth Fund spending
- Professional body attacks economic development system
- Betts hits back at coalition response to regional aid report
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- PLANNING MANAGER (maternity cover) Peak District National Park Authority £33,661, Based at Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District
- AONB Planning Officer Cornwall Council £26,114 - £32,800 per year, Truro
- Principal Planning Officer London Borough of Enfield £35,016 - £40,716 with up to 10% PRP depending on performance, Enfield, London
- Economic Development Manager Oxford City Council £42,240 - £47,373 per annum + benefits, Oxford
- Planner Randstad £14.00 - £18.00 per annum, South East England
- DC Planner Randstad £17 - £22 per hour, London
- Senior DC planner Randstad £22 - £25 per hour, South West England
- Strategic Planner/ Scheduler Morgan Hunt £50000 - £65000 per annum + negotiable, please enquire, Middlesex
- Senior Planning Officer (Policy) Anders Elite £20 - £25 per hour, Abingdon