Mid Suffolk is the only local authority to have completed the revision of an adopted local plan to bring it into line with the NPPF. How did it do it so promptly, asks Ben Cook.
Our rundown of the most widely used consultants in the sector - ranked by which organisations secured contracts with the most public bodies - reflects the huge range of services that are required for effective regeneration.
Regeneration professionals are braced for a storm. In the wake of the coalition Government's spending plans, the uncertainty of 2009 has given way to fatalism.
The annual poll of the UK's development trusts reveals a sector fighting hard against the recession. But the forthcoming cuts in public spending may be a tough obstacle to surmount, reports Sarah Townsend.
With limited cash, our list of the top public and private investors in the sector shows that survival has been the main aim, says Stuart Watson.
The Olympic Park in east London has come top in an exclusive Regeneration & Renewal survey of the UK's biggest physical regeneration schemes.
Regeneration approaches have varied greatly since the 1980s. Which of the many different programmes and delivery vehicles employed in each decade were the most successful, and what lessons do they offer for the 2010s?
If you have been thinking about boosting your skills, take a look at the following regeneration-related postgraduate courses offered by UK higher education providers.
Local enterprise partnerships
Council and busiess-led LEPs are to replace regional development agencies
High Speed 2
The first phase of the proposed High-Speed 2 rail line would link London and Birmingham
Examining the utilisation of the 2012 Olympics venues and their surroundings post-Games
Regional Growth Fund
The £1.4bn economic development pot is aimed at rebalancing public sector-reliant economies
London's planned £16bn east-west express rail link
How the shake-up of the UK planning system is affecting the sector
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Town Planners - London x4 Cobalt Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Head of Planning Lincolnshire County Council G16 £59,928 - £64,559 , Lincoln
- Senior Planning Consultant The Oyster Partnership Competitive salary + bonus, pension, discounted season ticket loan, payment of professional fees., London
- Planning Officer x 2 Maidstone Borough Council £26,412 - £32,143, Maidstone
- Senior/Principal DC planner Randstad Negotiable, East of England
- Design and Conservation Officers Westminster City Council £30,345 - £31,935 (pro rata) pa, Westminster City Council
- Area Urban Design and Conservation Officer Westminster City Council £42,258 pa, Westminster City Council
- Head of Design and Conservation Westminster City Council £60,714 - £64,248 pa, Westminster City Council
- Policy officer Randstad £18 - £23 per hour, South West England