A correspondent castigated me for my column on city identity (Planning, 01 June, p17). Forget this trivial nonsense about football teams and car licence plates, he wrote. The real point is that city mayors no longer make sense; the new reality is the...
Sir Peter Hall
Hearing the May local election results, Sherlock Holmes would immediately have ordered a cab.
Rod Liddle's Sunday Times column carried a picture of BBC Panorama reporter John Sweeney standing with a North Korean officer, in Ruritanian uniform, with the caption "I had no idea Salford was so awful".
Margaret Thatcher got blamed for plenty last week, but one charge was misplaced: that she destroyed the economy of northern England.
We are putting the finishing touches to the draft opportunity area planning framework for Croydon town centre, developed with the London mayor to supplement the London Plan.
Planning for social infrastructure in an age of uncertainty is Jon Rouse's talking point this issue
Jon Rouse makes his case for why planning matters and should be respected as a profession
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Senior Planning Consultant The Oyster Partnership Competitive salary + bonus, pension, discounted season ticket loan, payment of professional fees., London
- Planning Officer x 2 Maidstone Borough Council £26,412 - £32,143, Maidstone
- Senior/Principal DC planner Randstad Negotiable, East of England
- Design and Conservation Officers Westminster City Council £30,345 - £31,935 (pro rata) pa, Westminster City Council
- Area Urban Design and Conservation Officer Westminster City Council £42,258 pa, Westminster City Council
- Head of Design and Conservation Westminster City Council £60,714 - £64,248 pa, Westminster City Council
- Policy officer Randstad £18 - £23 per hour, South West England
- Senior DC planner Randstad £27 - £32 per hour, South East England
- PLANNING MANAGER (maternity cover) Peak District National Park Authority £33,661, Based at Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District