Plans to redevelop the Shell Centre on London's South Bank with offices and 877 new homes have been approved.
A total of £32 million is to be invested by the government's national housing and regeneration quango to kickstart work on a proposed 5,500-home development in Devon, it has announced.
Plans for a new Thames road crossing linking Kent and Essex have been published for consultation.
'Centrally imposed constraints' on a funding mechanism pioneered in the US should be removed to allow London boroughs to invest in infrastructure and drive regeneration schemes, a report has concluded.
The business case for the HS2 high-speed rail project contains 'little' supporting evidence to prove that the link will help to rebalance the economy by boosting regional economic growth, according to a report by the public spending watchdog.
A consultation on a second Crossrail line running between south-west and north-east London has been launched today.
Controversial plans to build a university campus on an existing housing estate site next to the Olympic Park in east London have been scrapped after talks between the scheme's promoters and the local council broke down.
Plans for a mixed-use development in Northampton's enterprise zone have moved forward after the secretary of state approved a compulsory purchase order (CPO) necessary for the plans.
Seven towns have been selected to receive a share of a £1 million fund to reward areas delivering successful plans to revitalise their high streets, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) has announced.
Policy & politics
- Cable downplays higher estimates of promised Whitehall funding devolution
- Undersubscribed community building fund rules eased
- Government plans to redistribute English EU funding to devolved nations
- Liverpool mayor denies wasteful spending on trade mission
- Chancellor announces mortgage guarantee as part of regeneration package
- Think-tank calls for body to co-ordinate inward investment in North
- Business consortium proposes 'Cardiff Crossrail' plan
- Minister reiterates government's appetite for funding devolution
- Nine Elms enterprise zone rates 'could fund social infrastructure'
- Grainger seals deal to regenerate Newbury site
- Order to use Kensal gas works as Crossrail site approved
- Projected HS2 phase two cost rises by £1.8billion
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Town Planners - London x4 Cobalt Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Head of Planning Lincolnshire County Council G16 £59,928 - £64,559 , Lincoln
- Senior Planning Consultant The Oyster Partnership Competitive salary + bonus, pension, discounted season ticket loan, payment of professional fees., London
- Planning Officer x 2 Maidstone Borough Council £26,412 - £32,143, Maidstone
- Senior/Principal DC planner Randstad Negotiable, East of England
- Design and Conservation Officers Westminster City Council £30,345 - £31,935 (pro rata) pa, Westminster City Council
- Area Urban Design and Conservation Officer Westminster City Council £42,258 pa, Westminster City Council
- Head of Design and Conservation Westminster City Council £60,714 - £64,248 pa, Westminster City Council
- Policy officer Randstad £18 - £23 per hour, South West England