Plans for a new Thames road crossing linking Kent and Essex have been published for consultation.
'Centrally imposed constraints' on a funding mechanism pioneered in the US should be removed to allow London boroughs to invest in infrastructure and drive regeneration schemes, a report has concluded.
The business case for the HS2 high-speed rail project contains 'little' supporting evidence to prove that the link will help to rebalance the economy by boosting regional economic growth, according to a report by the public spending watchdog.
A consultation on a second Crossrail line running between south-west and north-east London has been launched today.
Controversial plans to build a university campus on an existing housing estate site next to the Olympic Park in east London have been scrapped after talks between the scheme's promoters and the local council broke down.
Plans for a mixed-use development in Northampton's enterprise zone have moved forward after the secretary of state approved a compulsory purchase order (CPO) necessary for the plans.
Seven towns have been selected to receive a share of a £1 million fund to reward areas delivering successful plans to revitalise their high streets, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) has announced.
A masterplan for a 3,500-home scheme on the River Thames opposite Canary Wharf has been submitted to the London Borough of Lewisham for approval.
Thanet District Council's decision to obtain a compulsory purchase order (CPO) for Margate's disused Dreamland theme park, in order to further its plans to rejuvenate the Kent seaside town, has won the backing of the High Court.
Policy & politics
- Cable downplays higher estimates of promised Whitehall funding devolution
- Undersubscribed community building fund rules eased
- Government plans to redistribute English EU funding to devolved nations
- Liverpool mayor denies wasteful spending on trade mission
- Chancellor announces mortgage guarantee as part of regeneration package
- Think-tank calls for body to co-ordinate inward investment in North
- Business consortium proposes 'Cardiff Crossrail' plan
- Minister reiterates government's appetite for funding devolution
- Nine Elms enterprise zone rates 'could fund social infrastructure'
- Grainger seals deal to regenerate Newbury site
- Order to use Kensal gas works as Crossrail site approved
- Projected HS2 phase two cost rises by £1.8billion