A new use class category should be introduced to allow councils to protect high streets from the growth of shops they regard as damaging to communities, the Labour Party said today.
A new regeneration strategy for Wales that will prioritise investment in town centres and coastal communities has been announced by the Welsh government.
Plans to sell empty homes for £1 to help regenerate parts of Liverpool plagued by empty properties are being considered by the city's council.
Camden councillors are considering creating a £1.5 million funding package to help prevent a large number of households in the borough being forced to leave London due to the forthcoming benefit cap.
Research into extent of community engagement in the previous government's New Deal for Communities programme casts doubt on the coalition's Big Society drive, according to two academics.
- Erith estate regeneration scheme approved
- Report slams Welsh funding body
- New body should drive regeneration of Tottenham, says mayoral report
- Fifty communities each secure Lottery £1million
- West Ham in pole position for Olympic Stadium tenancy
- Plans for 'community-owned' Scottish new town submitted
- Work programme 'misses target' on long-term unemployed
- Regeneration & Renewal Awards: Claire O'Shea
DCLG ministers Bob Neill and Greg Clark on why they won't tone down localism
NCVO chief Sir Stuart Etherington says a low-key approach to campaigning can be effective
Civil society minister Nick Hurd says the coalition's commitment to the third sector should be measured by the opportunities - rather than the cash - it provides.
DCLG select committee chair Clive Betts discusses the effects of public spending cuts on regeneration
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- PLANNING MANAGER (maternity cover) Peak District National Park Authority £33,661, Based at Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District
- AONB Planning Officer Cornwall Council £26,114 - £32,800 per year, Truro
- Principal Planning Officer London Borough of Enfield £35,016 - £40,716 with up to 10% PRP depending on performance, Enfield, London
- Economic Development Manager Oxford City Council £42,240 - £47,373 per annum + benefits, Oxford
- Planner Randstad £14.00 - £18.00 per annum, South East England
- DC Planner Randstad £17 - £22 per hour, London
- Senior DC planner Randstad £22 - £25 per hour, South West England
- Strategic Planner/ Scheduler Morgan Hunt £50000 - £65000 per annum + negotiable, please enquire, Middlesex
- Senior Planning Officer (Policy) Anders Elite £20 - £25 per hour, Abingdon