Plans to redevelop the Shell Centre on London's South Bank with offices and 877 new homes have been approved.
A total of £32 million is to be invested by the government's national housing and regeneration quango to kickstart work on a proposed 5,500-home development in Devon, it has announced.
- Lower Thames crossing plans published for consultation
- Report recommends spending freedom for London boroughs
- 'Little' evidence HS2 will rebalance economy, says watchdog
- Crossrail Two consultation begins
- Plans for university campus next to Olympic Park collapse
- Pickles approves Northampton CPO
- Towns share DCLG high street reward cash
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
The Homes and Communities Agency director is examining which planning gain deals are inhibiting housebuilding.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millar that it has turned the corner.
- RTPI Conferences
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Venue: TBC
cliffhague, 20 May 2013
John Geoghegan, 10 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Town Planners - London x4 Cobalt Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Head of Planning Lincolnshire County Council G16 £59,928 - £64,559 , Lincoln
- Senior Planning Consultant The Oyster Partnership Competitive salary + bonus, pension, discounted season ticket loan, payment of professional fees., London
- Planning Officer x 2 Maidstone Borough Council £26,412 - £32,143, Maidstone
- Senior/Principal DC planner Randstad Negotiable, East of England
- Design and Conservation Officers Westminster City Council £30,345 - £31,935 (pro rata) pa, Westminster City Council
- Area Urban Design and Conservation Officer Westminster City Council £42,258 pa, Westminster City Council
- Head of Design and Conservation Westminster City Council £60,714 - £64,248 pa, Westminster City Council
- Policy officer Randstad £18 - £23 per hour, South West England