A mayoral development corporation will be established around the planned Old Oak Common High Speed 2 and Crossrail station in west London by the summer of next year, according to plans being worked up by the London mayor's team.
Placemaking Awards 2014
Click through for details on all the winners in the inaugural Placemaking Awards.
Communities secretary Eric Pickles has delayed his decision on whether to call-in revised plans for a huge regeneration scheme in north-west London for his own determination.
- 'Unaccountable' LEP structure could limit their planning role, says report
- Enterprise bosses to address planning summit
- Sheffield enterprise zone to expand
- MPs challenge government on Portas Pilot spending
- Report: set London boroughs 'hard targets' for housebuilding
- Luton car park operator wins High Court fight against enforcement action
- Birmingham unveils HS2 regeneration plans
The City of London Corporation planner wields huge influence, but fears that the status of the profession as a whole is waning, says Ben Kochan .
Compulsory neighbourhood plans and the abolition of the community infrastructure levy are on the cards if Labour comes to power, its shadow communities minister tells John Geoghegan .
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
- Digital Skills Scotland
- Date: Thu 20 Mar 2014 - Fri 21 Mar 2014
- Venue: Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- Clare Rayner - the Retail Champion
- Date: Wed 26 Mar 2014 - Thu 27 Mar 2014
- Venue: National Space Centre, Leicester
- Date: Thu 27 Mar 2014 - Thu 27 Mar 2014
- Venue: LSE Saw Swee Hock Student Centre 1 Sheffeild Street London WC2A 2AP