A full planning application for an 18,500 square metre mixed-use regeneration scheme in Macclesfield town centre has been approved.
Affordable housing starts in the financial year to the end of March 2013 rose by 171 per cent compared to the previous year, but completions fell by almost 20 per cent over the same period, according to the latest statistics.
- New growth body for London to Cambridge 'corridor'
- Funding confirmed for enterprise zone projects
- Silvertown Quays regeneration moves forward
- London LEP backs rail upgrade scheme
- Business chief calls for 'new approach' to regeneration
- 14 stalled housing sites set to gain from infrastructure fund
- Farrell architecture review issues call for evidence
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
The Homes and Communities Agency director is examining which planning gain deals are inhibiting housebuilding.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millar that it has turned the corner.
davidmarlow, 10 June 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chairperson - HS2 Planning Forum HS2 A stipend of £700 a day will be payable, plus reasonable expenses, London SW1
- Senior Planning Consultant Preston Bennett Group Between £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience and MRTPI qualification/s), Greater London / NW London
- Planning Director Judd Farris Property Recruitment £70,000 - £90,000, North West
- Planning Policy Manager Kent County Council £49,121 with progression through Total Contribution Related Pay to £55,041 per annum, Invicta House, Maidstone
- Senior Planner - 6 month contract with potential for permanent role Osborne Richardson Competitive plus benefits, Kent
- Senior Planner - DC Major Applications Macdonald & Co £28.00 to £30.00 per hr Ltd Co, London
- Planning Policy Officer Matchtech £14 - £21 per hour, Hampshire
- Head of Development Management & Regeneration Nottingham City Council £57,288 - £66,762, Nottingham City
- Experienced Planner John Martin & Associates Competitive package, Northampton
- Team Leader - Planning Policy London Borough of Enfield £43,224 - £50,259 with up to 10% PRP depending on performance , Enfield, London