Developer Canary Wharf Group has submitted an outline planning application for a 9.2-hectare mixed-use neighbourhood on the eastern edge of Canary Wharf in east London.
Local enterprise partnerships (LEPs) should work with councils to help 'revitalise' struggling areas and build more homes, a report by umbrella group the National Housing Federation (NHF) has recommended.
- NAO report questions enterprise zones success
- Council refuses conversion of north London offices into flats
- Ministers row back on plan to raid homes bonus
- Osborne announces plan to regenerate 'worst' estates
- Go-ahead for west London estate redevelopment
- National Infrastructure Plan in 60 seconds
- Government publishes revised National Infrastructure Plan
The City of London Corporation planner wields huge influence, but fears that the status of the profession as a whole is waning, says Ben Kochan .
Compulsory neighbourhood plans and the abolition of the community infrastructure levy are on the cards if Labour comes to power, its shadow communities minister tells John Geoghegan .
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
davidmarlow, 28 November 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, Bedford and Sheffield
- Associate Planner DLP Planning Ltd Salary Negotiable, South East Region
- Development Control Planner Tyler Parkes Salary by negotiation, Birmingham/ Solihull
- Senior Strategic Planner Tyler Parkes Competitive salary commensurate with experience , Birmingham/ Solihull
- Planner/Senior Planner, Retail Assessment, London based Turley Associates Competitive package, London
- Economic Planning Consultant Turley Associates Competitive package, Manchester
- Planner - Senior / Principal Brooke Smith Planning Negotiable and dependent upon experience, Birmingham
- Interim Development Service Manager Randstad Negotiable, South West England
- Planning Enforcement officer Randstad £17 - £21 per hour, London
- Principal Planning Officer London Borough of Hillingdon £40,188 - £43,803, Uxbridge