Latest News & Analysis
The Conservatives have promised to deliver 100,000 new discounted homes for young people by building on formerly commercial and public sector-owned brownfield land, according to press reports.1 comment
Local authorities' appetite to pilot a government scheme for reducing opposition to development by making payments to nearby residents may be limited by the complexity of deciding who should receive the benefit, experts have said.
Labour's shadow planning minister has said the party would strengthen the 'brownfield first' rule as some key party figures called for a renewed focus on urban redevelopment and extensions ahead of stand-alone new towns and garden cities.
- Senior Planner/Planning Manager Pegasus Life Winchester, Hampshire
- Enforcement Officer The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames TW1 3BZ, Twickenham
- Team Leader (Development Control) The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames TW1 3BZ, Twickenham
- Senior Planning Officer (Appeals & Enforcement) The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames TW1 3BZ, Twickenham
- Senior Town Planner - London - £28-38k + Benefits Penguin Recruitment City of London
- Planner Thatcher Associates Leicester, Leicestershire
- Town Planner / Urban Design Officer (Local Authority) South Oxfordshire District Council & Vale of White Horse District Council Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford
- Associate/Principal planner Randstad London
- Senior DC planner Randstad London
- Senior Planner (Bristol) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol, City of Bristol
Neighbourhood planning has thrown up new public engagement challenges to community groups, councils and developers. John Geoghegan reports.
Ellie Stevenson from consultation specialist Your Shout answers questions on community participation.
A Cumbrian town has won public support for its plans to use localism powers in regenerating its centre. Catherine Early reports.
The government has published its latest round of proposals for further reform of the planning system. Richard Lemon assesses their impact on development management.
- Thu 9 Oct 2014
TCPA New Communities Group Seminar: Negotiating Section 106 Agreements for large scale new development
- Tue 14 Oct 2014