Architecture watchdog Design Council CABE has announced it has appointed a new director of architecture and the built environment.
'Centrally imposed constraints' on a funding mechanism pioneered in the US should be removed to allow London boroughs to invest in infrastructure and drive regeneration schemes, a report has concluded.
- 'Little' evidence HS2 will rebalance economy, says watchdog
- Crossrail Two consultation begins
- Plans for university campus next to Olympic Park collapse
- Pickles approves Northampton CPO
- Towns share DCLG high street reward cash
- Masterplan for 3,500-home London scheme submitted
- Judge backs compulsory purchase of disused theme park
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
The Homes and Communities Agency director is examining which planning gain deals are inhibiting housebuilding.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millar that it has turned the corner.
- RTPI Conferences
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Venue: TBC
John Geoghegan, 10 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Senior DC planner Randstad £27 - £32 per hour, South East England
- PLANNING MANAGER (maternity cover) Peak District National Park Authority £33,661, Based at Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District
- AONB Planning Officer Cornwall Council £26,114 - £32,800 per year, Truro
- Principal Planning Officer London Borough of Enfield £35,016 - £40,716 with up to 10% PRP depending on performance, Enfield, London
- Economic Development Manager Oxford City Council £42,240 - £47,373 per annum + benefits, Oxford
- Planner Randstad £14.00 - £18.00 per annum, South East England
- DC Planner Randstad £17 - £22 per hour, London
- Senior DC planner Randstad £22 - £25 per hour, South West England
- Strategic Planner/ Scheduler Morgan Hunt £50000 - £65000 per annum + negotiable, please enquire, Middlesex