London boroughs should draw up masterplans or planning frameworks around new Crossrail stations to maximise regeneration opportunities arising from the project, a new report says.
Placemaking Awards 2014
Click through for details on all the winners in the inaugural Placemaking Awards.
Permission has been granted for the long-awaited redevelopment of Greenwich Market in south-east London.
- Circuit of Wales proposals to face public inquiry
- Think-tank calls for closure of London City Airport
- Government unveils revised HS2 compensation scheme
- Data blog: empty homes 'reach 10-year low'
- Miliband to pledge 'radical' devolution to towns and cities
- Croydon's Westfield development moves a step closer
- McLoughlin backs West Coast main line flyover scheme
London's deputy mayor for planning has big plans for mayoral development corporations and designs on Crossrail. Richard Garlick reports.
The City of London Corporation planner wields huge influence, but fears that the status of the profession as a whole is waning, says Ben Kochan .
Compulsory neighbourhood plans and the abolition of the community infrastructure levy are on the cards if Labour comes to power, its shadow communities minister tells John Geoghegan .
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
- The Theatres Trust
- Date: Mon 28 Apr 2014 - Mon 28 Apr 2014
- Venue: City Varieties Music Hall Swan Street Leeds LS1 6LW
- Estates Gazette
- Date: Tue 29 Apr 2014 - Tue 29 Apr 2014
- Venue: London
- Public Policy Exchange
- Date: Tue 10 Jun 2014 - Tue 10 Jun 2014
- Venue: London