Councillors in Hull have blocked the city's first bid to start drawing up a neighbourhood plan because they felt the proposed area covered would be too big.
Latest News & Analysis
Last week North Lincolnshire Council granted outline planning permission for a major mixed-use development on a site next to the River Trent in Scunthorpe. The Lincolnshire Lakes scheme is intended to provide 3,000 homes, alongside a primary school, youth, community and health centres and commercial space.
No-one expected the delivery of the country's first garden city for 100 years to be easy. So a recent press report alleging a funding deadlock at Ebbsfleet between the government and developer Land Securities is unlikely to come as a surprise.
Plans to safeguard a preferred route for London's proposed Crossrail 2 infrastructure project are due to be lodged with the government, London mayor Boris Johnson has said.
- Development Management Planner Matchtech Surrey
- CIL/Section 106 Monitoring Officer Bath & North East Somerset Council Bath & North East Somerset Council
- Planning Project Officer Human Resources Exeter City Council Exeter, Devon
- Principal Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co Oxfordshire
- Planner - Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Senior Planner, Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Principal Planner - Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Urban Design graduate Terence O'Rourke Ltd Central London and South West
- Senior Planners Terence O'Rourke Ltd Central London and South West
- Director/Associate, Planning, Development and Consultancy Lambert Smith Hampton London (Central), London (Greater)
The government's promise of greater devolved powers for Scotland has been matched by a pledge to empower English city-regions. Richard Garlick assesses the implications.
Policy: Development Benefits Pilots
Welsh councils' local development plans would be required to conform with a new national strategic planning document under proposals contained in a planning bill published this week.
Authorities in Greater Manchester have started preparing what would be England's first statutory development plan for a city-region, with proposals to almost treble its current rate of housebuilding.
- Thu 9 Oct 2014 - Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Thu 6 Nov 2014
- Thu 6 Nov 2014