Councillors in Hull have blocked the city's first bid to start drawing up a neighbourhood plan because they felt the proposed area covered would be too big.
Latest News & Analysis
Government-backed proposals for an east-west High Speed Three (HS3) rail link between cities in the north of England could transform housing growth, experts have said.
Last week North Lincolnshire Council granted outline planning permission for a major mixed-use development on a site next to the River Trent in Scunthorpe. The Lincolnshire Lakes scheme is intended to provide 3,000 homes, alongside a primary school, youth, community and health centres and commercial space.
No-one expected the delivery of the country's first garden city for 100 years to be easy. So a recent press report alleging a funding deadlock at Ebbsfleet between the government and developer Land Securities is unlikely to come as a surprise.
- Development Management Planner Matchtech Surrey
- CIL/Section 106 Monitoring Officer Bath & North East Somerset Council Bath & North East Somerset Council
- Planning Project Officer Human Resources Exeter City Council Exeter, Devon
- Principal Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co Oxfordshire
- Planner - Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Senior Planner, Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Principal Planner - Minerals and Waste Planning Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Urban Design graduate Terence O'Rourke Ltd Central London and South West
- Senior Planners Terence O'Rourke Ltd Central London and South West
- Director/Associate, Planning, Development and Consultancy Lambert Smith Hampton London (Central), London (Greater)
The government's promise of greater devolved powers for Scotland has been matched by a pledge to empower English city-regions. Richard Garlick assesses the implications.
Three councils have started drawing up England's first simplified planning orders to boost brownfield housebuilding, Planning has learned.
Policy: Development Benefits Pilots
Welsh councils' local development plans would be required to conform with a new national strategic planning document under proposals contained in a planning bill published this week.
- Thu 9 Oct 2014 - Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Thu 6 Nov 2014
- Thu 6 Nov 2014