Professional services firm Capita has been announced by the London Borough of Barnet as its preferred bidder to jointly run its planning and regeneration services.
Plans to redevelop the Shell Centre on London's South Bank with offices and 877 new homes have been approved.
- HCA invests £32m to kickstart 5,500-home Devon scheme
- Lower Thames crossing plans published for consultation
- Report recommends spending freedom for London boroughs
- 'Little' evidence HS2 will rebalance economy, says watchdog
- Crossrail Two consultation begins
- Plans for university campus next to Olympic Park collapse
- Pickles approves Northampton CPO
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Boroughs that threaten to hold up the London mayor's pursuit of his jobs and housing targets will find him increasingly willing to intervene on behalf of applicants, his deputy for planning tells Richard Garlick .
The Homes and Communities Agency director is examining which planning gain deals are inhibiting housebuilding.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millar that it has turned the corner.
- RTPI Conferences
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Venue: TBC
cliffhague, 20 May 2013
John Geoghegan, 10 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Senior Town Planner Stride Treglown Limited Please write to us with your salary expectations.We offer a comprehensive benefits package., Clifton, Bristol
- Planning Manager (Fixed term 6-9 months maternity cover) Sport England £33,256 p.a. plus generous benefits, Bisham Abbey, Buckinghamshire
- Contract Opportunity to lead a small/med sized planning team (maternity cover arrangment - London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £On experience but circa £65k, London
- Policy Officer - fixed term for 2 years Shropshire Council Grade 7-10 (scp 22-32) £18,747 - £25,847, Based at Shirehall, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Planning Director Macdonald & Co £65,000 pro rata per annum, London
- Senior Development Control Officer Matchtech £18 - £24 per hour, Worcestershire
- Strategic Land Planner Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Dependent on experience, London
- Assistant Planner/Planner (Cambridgeshire) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Dependent on experience , Cambridgeshire
- Senior Planner (Midlands) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Competitive + Benefits/Bonus, West Midlands