People wishing to register for a self-build plot under the government's 'Right to Build' initiative would have to meet a 'local residency test', according to a consultation document.
Latest News & Analysis
Three councils have started drawing up England's first simplified planning orders to boost brownfield housebuilding, Planning has learned.
Heritage watchdog English Heritage has called for action to redevelop of a number of buildings that have been on its Heritage at Risk register for over a decade, as it unveils its 2014 list.
Councillors have approved plans for a mixed-use development featuring a 7,100 square metre supermarket and 132 flats in north-west London, despite an objection by a neighbouring authority.
- Town Planning Jobs & Market Update Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Policy Officer - Surrey Oyster Partnership Surrey
- Planning Policy Officer - Herts Oyster Partnership Hertfordshire
- Career Grade Planners, Development Management London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Conservation & Heritage Officer Oyster Partnership West Midlands Region
- Town Planner Cobalt Recruitment City of London
- Senior Planning Officer x4 Westminster City Council City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Associate Planner Infrastructure and Aviation JSM Associates London (Greater)
- Development Services Manager Cherwell District Council Cherwell
- Associate Planner -Developments JSM Associates London (Greater)
The government's promise of greater devolved powers for Scotland has been matched by a pledge to empower English city-regions. Richard Garlick assesses the implications.
Policy: Development Benefits Pilots
Welsh councils' local development plans would be required to conform with a new national strategic planning document under proposals contained in a planning bill published this week.
Authorities in Greater Manchester have started preparing what would be England's first statutory development plan for a city-region, with proposals to almost treble its current rate of housebuilding.
- Thu 9 Oct 2014 - Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Wed 29 Oct 2014