Mayor of London Boris Johnson has said he will continue to champion the construction of a Thames Estuary airport, despite the idea being rejected by the government's Airports Commission.
Latest News & Analysis
Business lobby group the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has called for a single hub airport for the UK, urging decisive action on airport expansion that will see 'spades in the ground by 2020'.
Communities secretary Eric Pickles has refused permission for three wind turbines in Lincolnshire, ruling that the proposals would result in a 'considerable level of harm' to the significance of a local heritage asset.
The final section of a new guided busway scheme in Bristol has been given the green light by city councillors.
- Planner / Senior Planner Signet Planning London (West), London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Development Management Oyster Partnership Dorset
- Senior Planning Officer Judd Farris Property Recruitment South East London
- Planning Assistant Freeths Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Team Leader, Development Management Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Planning Officer London Borough of Sutton
- Deputy Planning Area Managers London Borough of Sutton
- Planner Pegasus Garforth, Leeds
- Economic Development Advisor Knowsley Council Knowsley (Metropolitan borough), Merseyside
- Housing Development Advisor Knowsley Council Knowsley (Metropolitan borough), Merseyside
A Cumbrian town has won public support for its plans to use localism powers in regenerating its centre. Catherine Early reports.
The government has published its latest round of proposals for further reform of the planning system. Richard Lemon assesses their impact on development management.
Policy: The Setting of Heritage Assets
The rebranding of the Olympic Park as a cultural and educational quarter could mean that only just over half the number of homes originally promised are built, reports John Geoghegan.